Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Please don't shoot the Mormons!!

I am totally against religions that proselytize. However, as proselytizers go, the Mormons are among the most polite you will ever run across. Once when I was in college, one of my fraternity brothers, as a joke, ordered me a free copy of the Book of Mormon. These two young extremely white missionaries showed up in the blackest part of Philadelphia and offered, very politely, to educate me about their faith. I was less temperate and accepting then as I am now and while I didn’t treat them rudely I did openly laugh at them while explaining that Jews didn’t believe in Jesus rising once so the possibilities of me coming to the truth that he rose twice was pretty remote. Then one of my Irish Catholic brothers started questioning them about the Masonics, whatever they are. Anyway, my point is, these were two very nice young men who were just trying to serve their church in a peaceful way. Was it really necessary to shoot them, killing one and seriously wounding the other? Things like this make me so sad. I would surmise, if you follow this story to its conclusion, it will come out that this was some sort of gang initiation.

No 1 of Consequence

No comments: