Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Property Ownership, The Constitution, and you!

I am never going to be a person that cries for the rich. Even if I someday strike gold in my life and become significantly wealthy I would be a person that would take my tax burden in stride and be thankful for my good fortune. However, for a local government to essentially steal land under eminent domain provisions is just wrong. The sad thing is, if you read that article, the courts upheld the government’s right to basically seize anything it damn well pleases from any private citizen. Government seizing private property from citizens and government breaking its own laws to “protect the people,” I am pretty sure there is a word for that. Maybe we can pass some laws that make all US based Muslims register with the government, or intern them in camps to concentrate them into one place. Woo Hoo!

This is the owner’s manual for the United States of America. It was written by some of the greatest minds of all time. It has been the framework for freedom and justice for 200+ years. If you haven’t read it, I encourage you to spend some time with it. It is eye opening and informative and can provide you with understanding of how very very bad our governments, state, local, and federal have been behaving lately.

This story is just the tip of the iceberg when beginning to understand what happened to this country. I won't say special interest groups are to be blamed for everything... well, maybe I will.

This story makes you wonder if anyone in our government has any sense of fiscal responsibility whatsoever.

The government is really irritating me today!

No1ofConsequence

No comments: